I’m sharing not only what I think is the perfect fall roast, but two key culinary skills-how to properly cook lean meat and how to make a fast, easy, and delicious pan sauce.
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Season pork with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cayenne.
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in an oven-proof pan over high heat. Sear pork in the hot oil until well-browned on all sides. Turn off the heat, and transfer to a plate.
- 3 Mix mustard, maple syrup, and cumin together in a small bowl. Use a spoon to spread mustard mixture all over the surface of the pork, getting as thick a layer as possible.
- 4 Transfer the pumpkin seeds on top of the mustard mixture in a thick layer, and lightly press down into the surface. Press pumpkin seeds into the sides as well.
- 5 Transfer pork back into the pan and add 1/2 cup of broth.
- 6 Roast in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Remove pork to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- 7 Place the same pan back over medium-high heat and add remaining 1/2 cup of broth, rice vinegar, and balsamic vinegar. Stir with a spoon and bring to a boil.
- 8 Cook until liquid has reduced by half, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and stir in butter. Taste for seasoning and serve over sliced pork.
- Calories 545.4
- Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Fat 32.9 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12 g
- Sodium 2313.1 mg
- Sugar 5.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.