- Published Aug 13th
- Ready In50m
A deliciously crunchy and spicy way to serve catfish inspired by a similar dish I had in Beaumont, TX.
Queso Catfish Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Queso Catfish for 4 servings:
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets catfish
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup cheap beer
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 ounces processed cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 chipotle pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Queso Catfish Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Queso Catfish, you need about 40 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Queso Catfish is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Queso Catfish within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Queso Catfish easily:
- 1 In a shallow dish, stir together 1/4 cup of lime juice and beer. Place fish in the dish, and turn to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a roasting rack with cooking spray, and place over a baking sheet.
- 3 Rinse fish with cold water, and pat dry. Discard the marinade. In one dish, stir together the cornmeal, tortilla chip crumbs, salt and pepper. In another dish, stir together 2 tablespoons of lime juice and canola oil. Dip fillets into the lime and oil, then into the cornmeal mixture to coat. Place the fish onto the roasting rack.
- 4 Bake fish for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. While the fish is baking, combine the processed cheese, chili powder, cumin, and chipotle pepper in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until melted and smooth.
- 5 Place fish onto serving plates, and spoon the cheese sauce over them. Top with a sprinkling of cilantro leaves, if desired.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 26.5 grams of fat; 17.2 grams of carbohydrates; 31.3 grams of protein; 106 milligrams of cholesterol; 796 milligrams of sodium.