Easy tasty main dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, minced
- 4 green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon roasted coriander powder
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 4 ½ cups water, or more as needed
- 1 Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir cumin seeds until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion, carrot, and green chile peppers; cook and stir until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add ginger-garlic powder and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 2 Pulse spinach leaves in a blender until a paste forms. Add spinach paste to onion mixture; cook and stir until all the water has evaporated from the spinach, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3 Mix rice, coriander powder, and salt into spinach mixture until evenly combined. Transfer rice mixture to a rice cooker and add water.
- 4 Cook spinach rice in the rice cooker according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 409.6
- Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Fat 4.4 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Sugar 4.1 g