- Published Feb 7th
- Ready In1h 30m
Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake for 12 servings:
- cooking spray
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons limoncello liqueur
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello liqueur
Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 30m
To cook Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake within 1 hour 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Quick and Easy Summer Limoncello Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
- 2 Whisk sour cream, white sugar, canola oil, eggs, 3 tablespoons limoncello, and lemon zest together in a large bowl.
- 3 Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl. Add flour mixture to sour cream mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until batter is just combined. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 33 to 35 minutes. Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 5 Whisk confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons limoncello liqueur together in a bowl until glaze is thin and smooth. Spread glaze over the top of the cake. Cool cake completely before slicing.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a double recipe, use 9x13-inch pan and bake about 40 minutes before checking for doneness.
- You can substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream.
- If the top of the cake browns too fast, lightly cover with foil.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 11.3 grams of fat; 39.9 grams of carbohydrates; 3.8 grams of protein; 39 milligrams of cholesterol; 136 milligrams of sodium.