- Published Aug 5th
- Ready In15m
Quick Eggplant Parmesan Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Quick Eggplant Parmesan for 2 servings:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Quick Eggplant Parmesan Cooking Instructions
- Ready In15m
To cook Quick Eggplant Parmesan, you need about 5 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Quick Eggplant Parmesan is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Quick Eggplant Parmesan within 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Quick Eggplant Parmesan easily:
- 1 In a small bowl beat the egg and water together. Place the bread crumbs in shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then in crumbs, being sure to coat thoroughly.
- 2 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant slices and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant during last minute of cooking to melt.
- 3 While eggplant is cooking, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap and cook at high power for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 4 Top eggplant with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Per Serving: 644 calories; 28.1 grams of fat; 63.6 grams of carbohydrates; 36.5 grams of protein; 167 milligrams of cholesterol; 1866 milligrams of sodium.