Comforting and quick pasta dish. Use any dried pasta shape.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add diced ham; cook and stir until ham pieces are slightly browned, about 5 more minutes. Stir cream of mushroom soup and milk into ham and onion, stirring until smoothly combined. Mix in Cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and peas. Simmer until thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- 3 Toss cooked macaroni into ham mixture and serve.
- Calories 502.2
- Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Fat 15.7 g
- Fiber 4.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Sodium 735.1 mg
- Sugar 4.7 g