- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In45m
Quick Red Curry Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Quick Red Curry Soup for 8 servings:
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Quick Red Curry Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Quick Red Curry Soup, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Quick Red Curry Soup is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Quick Red Curry Soup within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Quick Red Curry Soup easily:
- 1 Stir red curry paste and olive oil together in a saucepan over low heat and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Pour coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, and lime zest into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir cherry tomatoes and cilantro into the soup; bring mixture again to a simmer and cook until the tomatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4 Stir shrimp, bean sprouts, and cooked chicken into the soup; cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use skinny rice noodles instead of bean sprouts if you like, but we felt the sprouts (which were used because I forgot the rice noodles) made for a lighter soup overall.
- Pork can be used interchangeably with chicken.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 28.7 grams of fat; 8.1 grams of carbohydrates; 19.2 grams of protein; 100 milligrams of cholesterol; 557 milligrams of sodium.