- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In45m
Another free-styling super bowl creation based on the incredible laksas I have had the opportunity to try around my office in NYC. Enjoy!
Quick Red Curry Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Quick Red Curry Soup for 8 servings:
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Quick Red Curry Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Quick Red Curry Soup, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Quick Red Curry Soup is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Quick Red Curry Soup within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Quick Red Curry Soup easily:
- 1 Stir red curry paste and olive oil together in a saucepan over low heat and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Pour coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, and lime zest into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir cherry tomatoes and cilantro into the soup; bring mixture again to a simmer and cook until the tomatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4 Stir shrimp, bean sprouts, and cooked chicken into the soup; cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use skinny rice noodles instead of bean sprouts if you like, but we felt the sprouts (which were used because I forgot the rice noodles) made for a lighter soup overall.
- Pork can be used interchangeably with chicken.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 28.7 grams of fat; 8.1 grams of carbohydrates; 19.2 grams of protein; 100 milligrams of cholesterol; 557 milligrams of sodium.