One pan, easy to prepare, delightful to smell and eat. I throw this on when I have company coming, as I know I don’t have to watch it. The recipe can be expanded easily by adding more rice, water and vegetables. It’s always delicious!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt-free herb and spice blend
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (16 ounce) packages chopped mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 In a large skillet melt butter/margarine over medium heat. Add rice and bay leaf. Stir until rice is translucent but not browned. Add pepper, herb-and-spice blend, bouillon and water. Mix well and bring all to a boil.
- 2 Add chicken, submerging under water. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low. Let simmer as long as rice dictates. Add the mixed vegetables in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Add hot pepper sauce and stir well.
- Calories 411.5
- Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Cholesterol 89 mg
- Fat 10.2 g
- Fiber 6.6 g
- Protein 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Sodium 629.3 mg
- Sugar 0.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.