Protein-packed quinoa is toasted, then cooked until tender with sweet peppers and garlic for a hearty side dish. You can serve this wholesome grain dish hot, at room temperature or even chilled–perfect for any season!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups Swanson® Certified Organic Vegetable Broth or Swanson® Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peppers and quinoa and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the parsley. Season, if desired.
- Calories 222.9
- Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Fat 6.1 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 271.8 mg
- Sugar 2.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.