This simple vegan dish combines the distinctive, nutty flavor of quinoa with chard, mushrooms, and lentils. Try using rainbow chard for a colorful effect!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup canned lentils, rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed
- 1 Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Mix in quinoa, lentils, and mushrooms. Pour in the broth. Cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- 2 Remove the pot from heat. Shred chard, and gently mix into the pot. Cover, and allow to sit 5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.
- Calories 224.1
- Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Fat 4.7 g
- Fiber 6.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.