We eat organic, feed our chickens organic food, and buy organic dog food. Dog treats are typically loaded with artificial ingredients and if you buy organic, they are quite expensive. We use all organic ingredients and our dog loves these homemade treats!
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup chicken broth, or as needed
- 1 Whisk eggs, peanut butter, olive oil, and agave syrup together in a small bowl.
- 2 Mince carrot using a food processor. Add quinoa, oats, and flour to the food processor and blend; pour in egg mixture while processor is still running. Slowly add just enough chicken broth for dough to form a ball.
- 3 Wrap moist dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, to overnight.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 5 Roll dough out and cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until tops begin to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Calories 109.3
- Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Fat 3.6 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Sugar 1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.