- Published Nov 13th
- Ready In45m
Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy) for 36 servings:
- 2 cups unsweetened grated coconut
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened grated coconut, or as needed (optional)
Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy), you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy) is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy) within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Qumbe (East African Coconut Candy) easily:
- 1 Combine 2 cups grated coconut and coconut milk in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- 2 Place sugar in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in coconut mixture and almond flour until well combined; cool until easily handled.
- 3 Roll coconut mixture into bite-size balls. Pour 1/4 cup grated coconut into a bowl and roll balls in coconut until coated. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 28.8 g of carbohydrate; 0 mg of cholesterol; 18.4 g of fat; 4 g of fiber; 3.6 g of protein; 12.2 g of saturatedFat; 8 mg of sodium; 24 g of sugar;