- Published Jun 21st
- Ready In35m
Race Day Salsa Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Race Day Salsa for 10 servings:
- 4 ears corn on the cob with husks
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
Race Day Salsa Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Race Day Salsa, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Race Day Salsa is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Race Day Salsa within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Race Day Salsa easily:
- 1 Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 2 Place ears onto the heated grill; roast corn until husks show burn marks on all sides and corn kernels are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Turn ears of corn often.
- 3 Let corn ears cool until they can be handled; pull back husks and cut the roasted kernels from the ears. Place kernels into a large salad bowl.
- 4 Lightly toss corn with black beans, plum tomatoes, green bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic. Pour tomato juice and tomato sauce over the salsa; toss again. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- 5 Chill salsa at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 0.6 gram of fat; 26.1 grams of carbohydrates; 7.2 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 363 milligrams of sodium.