- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In45m
Raisin Pie I Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Raisin Pie I for 8 servings:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 prepared 8 inch pastry shell, baked and cooled
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Raisin Pie I Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Raisin Pie I, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Raisin Pie I is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Raisin Pie I within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Raisin Pie I easily:
- 1 Combine 3/4 cup white sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a saucepan. Stir in sour cream and lemon juice. Add the raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thick. Remove from heat.
- 2 Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, and then return this to the hot mixture. Cook and stir for one minute. Cool filling to lukewarm, and then add the nuts. Pour into the cooled pie shell.
- 3 Beat egg whites with cream of tartar to soft peaks. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, and all the sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue on pie, carefully sealing to the edges.
- 4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 16.2 grams of fat; 49.5 grams of carbohydrates; 4.7 grams of protein; 64 milligrams of cholesterol; 188 milligrams of sodium.