A very simple and quick way to cook plantain. The great taste and texture of the plantain is complemented well by the raisins.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 large green plantains, peeled and grated
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add plantains; cook, stirring occasionally, until plantains are crisp and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. The plantain has a tendency to stick together, so the more you stir the more the individual pieces will separate.
- 2 Fold raisins into plantain mixture and cook until raisins are plump and heated, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Calories 248.1
- Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Fat 2.1 g
- Fiber 4.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 202.1 mg
- Sugar 33.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.