This thick and hearty taco soup comes together in a flash. The subtle hint of ranch sets it apart from your average taco soup. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley Ranch®)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 Combine ground beef, onion, and jalapeno in a 4-quart soup pot and cook over medium-high heat until beef is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Add crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, water, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles, black olives, ranch dressing, and taco seasoning. Mix to combine. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Calories 342.2
- Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Fat 9.9 g
- Fiber 11.2 g
- Protein 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Sodium 1398.2 mg
- Sugar 3 g