- Published May 21st
- Ready In40m
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies for 48 servings:
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (such as Crisco®)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar raspberry jam, or as needed
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Beat butter, vegetable shortening, and brown sugar together in a bowl until smooth and creamy; beat in egg yolks and vanilla extract. Retain egg whites for a later step. Stir flour into butter mixture 1 cup at a time; mix in salt.
- 3 Beat egg whites in a separate bowl; transfer pecans to a shallow bowl. Pinch off and roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip each in beaten egg white, and roll in pecans. Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. Use your thumb to form an indention into the top of each cookie and spoon a small amount of raspberry jam into the hollow.
- 4 Bake cookies in the preheated oven until very lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- At the end of step 1 the dough can be refrigerated or frozen, either whole or rolled into 1-inch balls.
Per Serving: 102 calories; 6.7 grams of fat; 9.8 grams of carbohydrates; 1.1 gram of protein; 12 milligrams of cholesterol; 41 milligrams of sodium.