- Published Mar 25th
- Ready In9h 30m
Raw Cashew Cheesy Kale Chips Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Raw Cashew Cheesy Kale Chips for 16 servings:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup water, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 bunches curly kale, stemmed
Raw Cashew Cheesy Kale Chips Cooking Instructions
- Ready In9h 30m
To cook Raw Cashew Cheesy Kale Chips, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Raw Cashew Cheesy Kale Chips easily:
- 1 Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water; let soak for at least 1 hour. Drain and rinse.
- 2 Transfer cashews to a blender; blend until finely chopped, scraping the sides of the bowl periodically. Add red bell pepper, onion, lemon juice, jalapeno pepper, and garlic; blend until well chopped. Scrape the sides of the bowl; add 3/4 cup water, nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric, mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
- 3 Combine cashew mixture and kale in a large bowl; scrunch kale with your hands until evenly coated with cashew mixture. Spread in a single layer on an unlined dehydrator tray.
- 4 Dehydrate kale at 105 degrees F (41 degrees C) until crisp, about 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper for the jalapeno if desired.
- I always recommend a dehydrator but an oven will do. Put the kale chips on a metal cooling rack (for air flow) and bake on the lowest possible setting. I would also crack open the oven door to allow moisture to escape. Check every so often and remove when completely dry.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 8.1 grams of fat; 13.1 grams of carbohydrates; 7.2 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 83 milligrams of sodium.