This recipe is for the super busy family. It has been used in our family for years.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (22 ounce) can cling peaches in heavy syrup
- ¼ cup butter, cut into chunks, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) package pastry for a double crust 9-inch pie, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- 3 Pour peaches into the bottom of a glass 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle sugar mixture over peaches and mix well. Scatter 1/2 of the butter chunks over the peach mixture. Arrange pastry strips over peach mixture in a crisscross or striped pattern. Scatter remaining butter chunks over pie pastry.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Calories 347.5
- Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Fat 17.6 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Sugar 26.6 g