A wonderful combination of rice, onions and mushrooms. Great served with chicken!
- cooking spray
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- ¾ cup uncooked brown rice
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2 quart stove top and oven-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 Melt butter in the baking dish over medium heat. Stir in the wild rice and brown rice. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the onions; cook for 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the mushrooms and almonds. Pour onion soup and consomme over the rice mixture. Cover with lid or aluminum foil that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 Bake until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir before serving.
- Calories 169.7
- Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg
- Fat 9.1 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Sodium 283 mg
- Sugar 1.7 g