- Published Feb 2nd
- Ready In2h 10m
Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti for 30 servings:
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 10m
To cook Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti within 2 hours 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Red Velvet-Coconut Biscotti easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, and oil in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Fold in flaked coconut. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 4 1/2x12-inch log and place onto a prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 310 degrees F (155 degrees C). Place loaves onto wire racks until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes, retaining parchment on baking sheets.
- 4 Slice logs into 1/2-inch slices and place biscotti onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 5 Bake in the hot oven for 8 minutes, turn, and bake until dry, about 8 more minutes. Remove and place onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 6 Place white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in shortening to thin out chocolate.
- 7 Drizzle white chocolate over cooled biscotti and let dry, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 9.3 grams of fat; 25 grams of carbohydrates; 2.8 grams of protein; 21 milligrams of cholesterol; 124 milligrams of sodium.