Throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand to make this delicious queso fundido. Serve with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, and cauliflower florets.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Mexican-style chorizo
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 fluid ounces tequila
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Heat oil in a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo; cook, stirring to crumble, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- 3 Without cleaning the skillet, add bell peppers and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in tequila. Continue cooking vegetables, stirring often, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- 4 Stir together Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses in a bowl; spread 1/3 in the skillet. Add 1/3 of the vegetables, then 1/3 of the chorizo. Repeat with 2 more layers, ending with chorizo. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses are melted and bubbling, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes, cilantro, and salt. Serve immediately.
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate 3 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Fat 29 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17 g
- Sodium 627.7 mg
- Sugar 1.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.