This is such a fresh tasting salad with ribbons of basil leaves throughout. Add dressing in to your liking.
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked and desilked
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into very thin strips
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Fill a bowl with ice water. Stir sugar into a large pot filled with water; bring to a boil. Add corn; cook until kernels are softened, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer corn to ice water until cooled; drain. Cut kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
- 2 Combine corn, Roma tomatoes, red bell pepper, and green onions in a bowl. Stir sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, Parmesan cheese, and cider vinegar together in a bowl until dressing is smooth; season with salt and pepper. Fold dressing into corn mixture. Chill in the refrigerator until flavors combine, 8 hours to overnight.
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Fat 15.9 g
- Fiber 4.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Sodium 539.9 mg
- Sugar 13.7 g