- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In2d
These dill spears are excellent on sandwiches, eaten plain, or chopped up for a hot dog topping.
Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears for 20 servings:
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 3 pounds kirby cucumbers (or other unwaxed, small-seeded 4- to 5-inch pickling cucumbers)
- 2 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 6 3/4 teaspoons pickling salt
Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2d
To cook Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears within 2 days . The following are the steps to cook Refrigerator Garlic Dill Spears easily:
- 1 Divide garlic, dill, and peppercorns between 2 clean quart jars. Wash cucumbers and trim away blossom ends. Cut each into 6 to 8 spears. Pack spears vertically and snugly into jars.
- 2 Stir together vinegar, water, and salt in a small nonreactive pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir and reduce heat, if necessary, until salt dissolves. Remove from heat. Pour or ladle hot brine into jars, covering cucumbers and leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Tap jars gently to remove any air bubbles. Add more brine if necessary to leave 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe rims clean with a damp paper towel.
- 3 Let cool completely to room temperature, about 1 hour. Apply clean lids. Refrigerate at least 48 hours before eating for best flavor. (Flavor improves with time.) Store in refrigerator up to 1 month.
Per Serving: 18 calories; 0.1 grams of fat; 3.3 grams of carbohydrates; 0.6 gram of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 789 milligrams of sodium.