- Published May 13th
- Ready In5h 40m
Reveillon Tourtiere Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Reveillon Tourtiere for 8 servings:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 3 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
Reveillon Tourtiere Cooking Instructions
- Ready In5h 40m
To cook Reveillon Tourtiere, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Reveillon Tourtiere is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Reveillon Tourtiere within 5 hours 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Reveillon Tourtiere easily:
- 1 In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook pork, breaking up with spoon, for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- 2 Stir in stock, onions, garlic, mushrooms, celery, salt, cinnamon, pepper, savory, and cloves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes, or until 2 tablespoons liquid is left. Stir in fresh bread crumbs and parsley. Taste, and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Cover, and refrigerate until cold. The filling can be stored for up to one day.
- 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4 Roll out pastry to about 1/8 inch thickness, and fit to pie plate. Spoon filling into shell. Roll out top pastry. Moisten rim of pie shell with water. Cover with top pastry, pressing edges together to seal. Trim and flute pastry edge. Beat egg with water, and brush over the top pastry. Cut steam vents in top.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven until pastry is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 632 calories; 42.4 grams of fat; 35.3 grams of carbohydrates; 26.4 grams of protein; 105 milligrams of cholesterol; 728 milligrams of sodium.