My favorite jam. I pick and freeze rhubarb in the spring and then wait for raspberry season in July. It’s so yummy, I make two batches of this every summer.
- 6 cups frozen chopped rhubarb
- 4 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
- 1 Combine rhubarb, sugar, raspberries, and lemon juice in a large pot. Let sit until sugar begins to dissolve, about 5 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Add raspberry-flavored gelatin; stir until dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove jam from heat.
- 2 Pack jam into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- 3 Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and place jars 2 inches apart into the water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- 4 Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until completely cool, about 2 hours. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight. Store in a cool, dark area.
- Calories 69.2
- Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Sugar 16.5 g