A shortbread-like, very sweet yet tart-tasting dessert bar that is great alone or with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 1/4-inch slices rhubarb
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Mix 1 cup flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl; pack the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven until the crust hardens slightly and is very fragrant, but not yet browned, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Whisk brown sugar, eggs, white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and salt together in a bowl until completely smooth; add rhubarb and stir to coat. Pour the rhubarb mixture over the crust.
- 5 Bake in oven until the rhubarb mixture sets, about 40 minutes; cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Calories 327.1
- Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Fat 11.6 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Sodium 290.3 mg
- Sugar 39.3 g