Rich and savory butter and cream-poached eggs, topped with a little shredded cheese, red pepper flakes, and scallions. So rich and filling (and very low-carb). No need for English muffins!
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 Heat heavy cream and butter in a small saucepan until barely simmering.
- 2 Crack each egg into a small bowl.
- 3 Slide one egg at a time into the heated cream mixture. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes on top. Cover and cook over low heat until white begins to set, about 2 minutes. Uncover and add shredded Cheddar cheese. Recover and cook until yolk is desired doneness, about 2 minutes more.
- 4 Serve eggs and cream topped with scallions.
- Calories 347
- Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 287.1 mg
- Fat 34.2 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g