Delicate Italian ricotta cookies with an almond flavored glaze. Very good!
- ½ pound butter
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup colored candy sprinkles
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; blend into the creamed mixture, mixing in additional flour as necessary to form a workable dough. Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls, and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- 4 In a medium bowl, beat milk, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Spoon over warm cookies, and sprinkle with colored candy sprinkles.
- Calories 68.7
- Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Fat 2.5 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 39.3 mg
- Sugar 5.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.