- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In1h
Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus for 2 servings:
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- ½ large onion, minced
- 1 cup Carnaroli or Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 8 ounce asparagus, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Risotto with Chicken and Asparagus easily:
- 1 Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan, then keep warm over low heat.
- 2 Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken, and continue cooking until firm and lightly browned; set aside.
- 3 Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in the saucepan and cook onions until they soften and turn translucent, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking until the rice turns opaque, and the onion begins to brown.
- 4 Stir in the wine and asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, until the wine evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5 Stir in another 1/3 of the chicken stock and continue cooking and stirring until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Season the risotto with oregano and basil. Pour in the remaining stock, and stir until absorbed again, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and chicken cubes.
Per Serving: 877.3 calories; 104.8 g of carbohydrate; 104.3 mg of cholesterol; 22.5 g of fat; 4.6 g of fiber; 50.8 g of protein; 6.5 g of saturatedFat; 1074 mg of sodium; 5 g of sugar;