Made with sweet vanilla bean gelato sandwiched between RITZ Crackers, these mini sandwiches are dipped in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts, then frozen for a perfect sweet treat with game day festivities. This RITZ recipe is inspired by Screme Gelato Bar in NYC (with the best gelato!).
- 1 (14 ounce) container vanilla bean gelato
- 50 RITZ Crackers
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3 ounces chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Lay out 3 or 4 RITZ Crackers, salted side down, on a parchment-line baking sheet. Quickly scoop 1 tablespoon gelato onto each cracker. Top each with a RITZ cracker. Press down lightly to flatten gelato to extend to cracker edges; wipe off excess and immediately place in the freezer until frozen solid, about 3 hours. Repeat with remaining crackers and gelato to make 25 sandwiches.
- 2 When the sandwiches are frozen, melt chocolate on top of a double boiler.
- 3 In small batches and working quickly, dip sandwiches halfway into melted chocolate. Immediately dip chocolate half into chopped nuts. Place sandwiches back into the freezer. Freeze 2 to 3 hours to set.
- Calories 103.5
- Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Fat 6.5 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Sodium 57.5 mg
- Sugar 3.9 g