With chicken piccata being my husband’s favorite main dish and roasted cauliflower being his favorite side dish, I decided to combine the two for a side that can be paired with any grilled or baked meat.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Place cauliflower on a cutting board and trim off inedible leaves. Trim off the bottom of the cauliflower stem but make sure to keep the core intact. Cut the cauliflower in half and cut 1-inch-thick "steaks" out of each half. Reserve remaining cauliflower for a later use. Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place cauliflower steaks on the sheet.
- 3 Broil for 10 minutes. Carefully flip using a spatula and broil for 6 minutes more.
- 4 Meanwhile, whisk chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and cornstarch in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add butter, capers, and cook, whisking constantly, for 3 minutes. Turn heat off and let sauce sit for 1 minute.
- 5 Divide cauliflower between serving plates, drizzle sauce over the top, and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Calories 293.5
- Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Fat 19.8 g
- Fiber 10.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Sodium 862.4 mg
- Sugar 10.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.