Cauliflower rice is a great low-calorie dish to have in your arsenal especially if you are eating low-carb. Super low in carbs, yet such a satisfying dish you will forget it’s made from a vegetable and not a grain. There are two reasons I opted for roasted riced cauliflower in place of sauteed: 1) more flavor and 2) better texture.
- cooking spray
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line 3 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 2 Fill a food processor 1/4 of the way with cauliflower pieces. Pulse 8 to 12 times until cauliflower is the size of rice grains. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower pieces.
- 3 Drizzle avocado oil over cauliflower "rice"; toss until well-distributed.
- 4 Spread 2 1/2 cups of the rice in an even layer on each lined baking sheet.
- 5 Roast rice until golden, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Return to oven and roast for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Continue roasting until browned, about 5 minutes more.
- 6 Season each sheet of roasted rice with 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in a large container.
- Calories 59.4
- Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Fat 2.8 g
- Fiber 3.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Sodium 261.1 mg
- Sugar 3.5 g