- Published Dec 31st
- Ready In1h 10m
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Roasted Cauliflower Soup for 6 servings:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic-flavored extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Roasted Cauliflower Soup, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Roasted Cauliflower Soup is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Roasted Cauliflower Soup within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Roasted Cauliflower Soup easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2 Place the cauliflower in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with nutmeg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- 3 Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown and tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- 4 Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook and stir until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 5 Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to coat. Slowly pour the chicken broth and milk into the pan. Mix with a wire whisk until all of the flour is dissolved. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously until it thickens, then reduce heat to low. Stir in the sherry and the roasted cauliflower. Serve as is, or blend half and recombine with the rest of the soup for a thicker consistency.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 7.6 grams of fat; 13.2 grams of carbohydrates; 4.4 grams of protein; 10 milligrams of cholesterol; 969 milligrams of sodium.