These mini chicken salad sandwiches look elegant and taste great. Serve on lettuce-lined serving plates.
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 24 miniature croissants
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Brush chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and bake in the preheated oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- 3 Remove chicken from heat. Cool, debone and chop.
- 4 In a large bowl, mix chicken, mayonnaise and dill. Gently fold in grapes, mandarin oranges and sunflower seeds.
- 5 Spread the mixture on miniature croissants. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- Calories 536.6
- Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Fat 38.6 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Sodium 672.8 mg
- Sugar 5.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.