This has a long cooking time, but is definitely worth the wait.
- 6 large tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 2 Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; spoon over tomatoes.
- 3 Bake tomatoes in the preheated oven until slightly shrunken, 3 to 4 hours.
- 4 In the last hour of the tomatoes baking, thinly slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt; set aside until some of the water starts to bead on the slices, about 30 minutes. Rinse the salt off the eggplant and transfer to a bowl. Pour remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle paprika over eggplant slices; toss with your hands to coat.
- 5 Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer in a skillet over medium heat; cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6 Alternate tomato slices and eggplant slices on serving plates creating 'towers.' Drizzle yogurt and honey over each 'tower'; top with almonds.
- Calories 424.5
- Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Fat 33 g
- Fiber 8.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 118.9 mg
- Sugar 21.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.