- Published Aug 17th
Roasted Garlic Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Roasted Garlic Soup for 4 servings:
- 4 bulbs garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Roasted Garlic Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Roasted Garlic Soup easily:
- 1 Cut off top 1/4 inch of each garlic head. Place in a small, shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Press individual garlic cloves between thumb and finger to release. Chop garlic.
- 2 Melt butter or margarine in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, leeks, and onion; saute until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add flour and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in hot broth and sherry. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- 3 Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- 4 Return soup to saucepan, and add cream. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with chives.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 728 calories; 54.9 grams of fat; 48.8 grams of carbohydrates; 12.7 grams of protein; 127 milligrams of cholesterol; 937 milligrams of sodium.