An awesome poblano sauce I found that is perfect for topping a taco or fajita or for cooking or adding to chicken.
- 1 poblano pepper, halved and seeded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small bunch cilantro, or to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bottled lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Place the pepper cut side-down on a baking sheet.
- 2 Broil in the preheated oven until skin is blackened, 8 to 14 minutes.
- 3 Place the pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Cool until well sweated and safe to handle, about 20 minutes. Skin the peppers by gently pinching them off.
- 4 Place the skinned pepper, mayonnaise, cilantro, green onion, lime juice, and garlic in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth.
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Fat 22 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Sodium 163.7 mg
- Sugar 0.9 g