This is my super easy version of a salad I had at a restaurant in Chicago. I usually only cook for one, but this would be easy to make in a larger batch for more people.
- 1 portobello mushroom, stem removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ shallot, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 1 ounce grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon Greek salad dressing
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
- 2 Brush the mushroom on both sides with olive oil and place gill-side up onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with any remaining olive oil, and the red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with sliced garlic and shallot; season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the piece of roasted red pepper, and wrap the foil tightly around the mushroom.
- 3 Bake in preheated oven until the mushroom is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Toss the arugula with Romano cheese and salad dressing. Place onto a plate and top with the hot mushroom and pepper. Dig in!
- Calories 352.5
- Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Fat 27.5 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Sodium 644.2 mg
- Sugar 5.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.