Not knowing what to do with smoked turkey legs, I did a little research without much success, so I decided to try this out. My family loved it and couldn’t believe it wasn’t out of a recipe book. Serve with crusty bread to soak up all the juices and a lettuce and tomato salad. It’s also delicious over pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 uncooked, smoked turkey legs
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or an oven-proof pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, and chile pepper; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Place turkey legs on top; cover with diced tomatoes. Cover Dutch oven with lid.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Turn turkey legs around to coat with tomato mixture. Stir cabbage and baked beans into the pot; season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Replace lid.
- 4 Continue baking until turkey legs are tender, about 45 minutes. Pull turkey meat off the bones and cut into bite-sized pieces. Mix into the pot.
- Calories 325.3
- Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Fat 7.2 g
- Fiber 7.3 g
- Protein 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Sodium 248 mg
- Sugar 7.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.