Purple sweet potatoes add beautiful color to the mix in this healthy, fresh tasting, zesty salad!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cucumber - peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ lime, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3 Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil on a baking sheet.
- 4 Roast in the preheated oven until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 5 Mix broccoli, yellow pepper, red pepper, and cucumber in a large bowl; stir in quinoa and sweet potatoes.
- 6 Whisk extra-virgin olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix dressing into salad; garnish with cilantro.
- Calories 445.2
- Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Fat 23.6 g
- Fiber 6.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Sodium 93.1 mg
- Sugar 10.3 g