- Published Apr 16th
- Ready In1h 20m
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Roasted Tomatillo Salsa for 4 servings:
- cooking spray
- 8 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 serrano pepper (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Roasted Tomatillo Salsa is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Roasted Tomatillo Salsa within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Roasted Tomatillo Salsa easily:
- 1 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high. Spray a baking sheet with fat-free cooking spray.
- 2 Cut tomatillos in half and place cut-side-down on the prepared baking sheet with serrano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, and garlic.
- 3 Broil in the preheated oven until charred, about 20 minutes, turning peppers halfway through cooking time.
- 4 Remove vegetables from the oven and let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Remove stems from peppers and peel garlic.
- 5 Combine tomatillos, serrano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse to desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to meld flavors.
- Cook's Notes:
- The longer the salsa is stored in the refrigerator, the better. It will last up to 7 days refrigerated.
- You can remove the seeds from the serrano pepper once cooled to make the salsa less spicy, if you'd like.
Per Serving: 19 calories; 0.2 grams of fat; 4.8 grams of carbohydrates; 0.7 gram of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 1446 milligrams of sodium.