- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In10m
I once worked with a chef who made an amazingly delicious roasted tomato vinaigrette. He would roast a whole pan of Roma tomatoes until the sugars and acids would condense and caramelize and concentrate into a delicious mass. I thought I could duplicate it by using a really good, double-concentrate tomato paste and nicely aged balsamic vinegar. It worked.
Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon double concentrated tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette Cooking Instructions
- Ready In10m
To cook Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette easily:
- 1 Whisk tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, and Dijon mustard together in a bowl until smooth.
- 2 Slowly drizzle olive oil into tomato paste mixture while whisking rapidly until dressing is thick and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 13.7 grams of fat; 0.9 gram of carbohydrates; 0.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 52 milligrams of sodium.