Roma tomatoes and garlic are oven roasted and caramelized to give your pasta a deep, rich flavor. Roasting the tomatoes really draws out the sweet flavor, which mixes so well with the roasted garlic.
- 1 pound roma (plum) tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 leaves basil, torn
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 2 Place tomato halves skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Add garlic cloves. Evenly drizzle tomatoes and garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Roast in the preheated oven until tomatoes are bubbling, about 25 minutes. Increase heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roast until tomatoes just begin to brown, 10 more minutes. Turn off the heat. Let tomatoes sit in the hot oven with the door closed until further caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- 4 Transfer roasted tomatoes and garlic to a bowl. Add basil and use a wooden spoon to crush the mixture and break apart the tomatoes, leaving them a bit chunky. Remove peels, if desired. Serve over your favorite cooked pasta.
- Calories 105.6
- Carbohydrate 10 g
- Fat 7.2 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 89.6 mg
- Sugar 6 g