- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In2h 15m
This is a great way to have a small scale turkey dinner anytime of the year. Serve with rice, noodles, or dressing. This recipe can also be increased very easily.
Roasted Turkey Legs Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Roasted Turkey Legs for 3 servings:
- 3 stalks celery stalks, cut in thirds
- 3 turkey legs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
Roasted Turkey Legs Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 15m
To cook Roasted Turkey Legs, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Roasted Turkey Legs is about 2 hours , and you can serve your Roasted Turkey Legs within 2 hours 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Roasted Turkey Legs easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse the turkey legs and pat dry.
- 2 Stand the turkey legs upright (as if the turkey were standing). Press a knife downward into the deep tissue, creating 2 or 3 long pockets. Press a piece of celery into each opening. Pull back the skin on the legs, rub with butter, and season with a little salt. Put the skin back into place, rub with more butter, and season lightly with salt. Lay the legs in a roasting pan.
- 3 Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the legs are golden brown and the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Add more water if needed while roasting, and baste occasionally with the juices or butter.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 643 calories; 36.9 grams of fat; 1.2 gram of carbohydrates; 73.1 grams of protein; 239 milligrams of cholesterol; 399 milligrams of sodium.