This is a recipe I made up with all of the wonderful summer vegetables in season. Serve it with chicken or all on its own!
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch white sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2 Place the zucchini, squash, onion, asparagus, and mushrooms in a large bowl; add in garlic, olive oil and sugar, and stir gently to coat vegetables. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3 Roast vegetables until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add bouillon cubes, wine, and orzo, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Stir in roasted vegetables and Parmesan cheese, and serve warm.
- Calories 621
- Carbohydrate 104.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Fat 11.4 g
- Fiber 10.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Sodium 1041.6 mg
- Sugar 9.8 g