Simple and super easy; better if chilled overnight. I have tried many others but always gravitate back to my basic spud salad. Use a combination of red, russet, and new potatoes, peeled, or use scrubbed new potatoes with the skins on.
- 2 ½ pounds potatoes, peeled
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender yet still firm, about 20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- 2 Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water; peel and dice eggs.
- 3 Chop potatoes and place into a large bowl. Stir eggs, celery, and green onions into potatoes; mix in mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 359.3
- Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Fat 28.4 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Sodium 283.6 mg
- Sugar 1.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.