- Published Jun 8th
- Ready In30m
Roquefort Pear Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Roquefort Pear Salad for 6 servings:
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
Roquefort Pear Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Roquefort Pear Salad, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Roquefort Pear Salad is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Roquefort Pear Salad within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Roquefort Pear Salad easily:
- 1 In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- 2 For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 3 In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.
Per Serving: 426 calories; 31.6 grams of fat; 33.1 grams of carbohydrates; 8 grams of protein; 21 milligrams of cholesterol; 654 milligrams of sodium.