- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In5h
Tomato juice and mashed potatoes are the key ingredients for these rosy rolls. They are so delicious hot out of the oven with a bit of butter brushed on top.
Rosy Refrigerator Rolls Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Rosy Refrigerator Rolls for 48 servings:
- 1 cup room temperature tomato juice
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water (100 degrees F/38 degrees C)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup melted shortening
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
Rosy Refrigerator Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Ready In5h
To cook Rosy Refrigerator Rolls, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Rosy Refrigerator Rolls is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Rosy Refrigerator Rolls within 5 hours . The following are the steps to cook Rosy Refrigerator Rolls easily:
- 1 Combine the tomato juice, water, sugar, and salt in a large bowl, stir until the sugar and salt dissolve, and sprinkle the yeast over the mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam.
- 2 Mix in the eggs, shortening, and mashed potatoes, and beat in the flour to make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic, and place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top of the dough. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 3 Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- 4 Working on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 4 equal pieces, and cut each into 12 small pieces. Roll the pieces into balls, place the rolls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets, cover with a towel, and let the rolls rise in a warm place until double, about 2 hours.
- 5 Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 6 Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 101 calories; 3.2 grams of fat; 15.8 grams of carbohydrates; 2.1 grams of protein; 8 milligrams of cholesterol; 103 milligrams of sodium.