This is a pasta salad that’s not just a salad, it’s a meal!
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotelle pasta
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces turkey breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotelle pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 3 Cook the frozen vegetables in the microwave approximately 4 to 6 minutes, making sure they stay crisp; drain.
- 4 In a large bowl mix together Italian dressing, mustard, seasoning salt, and pepper. Add pasta, mixed vegetables, bell pepper, turkey, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the cheese; mix well. Sprinkle remainder of cheese and bacon on the top. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Calories 626.8
- Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Fat 38 g
- Fiber 5.4 g
- Protein 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Sodium 1801.6 mg
- Sugar 5.8 g